[Sca-cooks] Gourmet Magazine Being Discontinued

Colleen McDonald colleen.mcdonald at comcast.net
Tue Oct 6 08:51:43 PDT 2009

> FYI- According to the WSJ this am, the November 2009 issue will be the
> last issue.
> They won't even complete the year.
> No December/Christmas issue.
>
> Johnnae

That's so sad.  I've really been enjoying Gourmet over the last couple of
years (we're subscribers) and have been finding less and less of interest
in Bon Appetit.

I don't think Conde Nast made the right choice in this case.  It also
seems that the two magazines have been focusing on the same things for the
last couple of years, rather than the different approaches that I saw
earlier in the decade, and that can't have helped either.

Cainder