[Sca-cooks] Quince Query

tudorpot at gmail.com tudorpot at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 23:58:53 PDT 2009

Hi,
I had similar problems trying to understand this recipe- and others that
mentioned Quidony- or condomacke. After I gave up, somehow I came across
this site that gives a lot more information, including showing molds and
boxes.

I believe that the alternative is correct, the process is similar to
making marmalade-as in the Florigerium (sp) files-  the recipe creates a
thick jelly like paste that is formed and kept in boxes.

http://www.historicfood.com/Quinces%20Recipe.htm

Theadora