[Sca-cooks] Another sausage question

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Oct 9 11:11:52 PDT 2009

You might also look at Scappi. The English recipes
are more likely to be those for puddings in casings.
http://www.historicfood.com/English%20Puddings.htm
I think fat is used to provide moisture and in lean modern
sausages (turkey, chicken, soy, etc) that moisture
is provided by ingredients other than lard.
A quick look didn't reveal cookery instructions involving beer.

I am unsure what you mean by "new world"; perhaps you meant
modern or the modern period.

Johnnae