[Sca-cooks] Simple Syrup Question

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Oct 13 11:26:01 PDT 2009

It's probably mold. They ran test here on how to prevent eventual mold
in the mixtures.
http://www.alcademics.com/2009/08/simple-syrup-its-good-to-be-rich.html

Here's a recipe that won't grow mold or so they say--
In this article we will explain how to make a Simple Syrup.

What You Will Need:
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1/4 cup corn syrup
1oz vodka

Preparation:

First, place the sugar and water in a pot and heat it up. Stir the
mixture until the sugar has fully dissolved.
Next add the alcohol and corn syrup and continue to stir. Use a funnel
and pour the mixture into a bottle to cool. The simple syrup that
we're making won't crystallize due to the corn syrup and won't grow
bacteria or grow mold thanks to the single oz of vodka in the mix. You
have successfully made yourself a simple syrup additive for mixing
drinks.

http://www.infobarrel.com/How-To_Make_Simple_Syrup_for_Bartending

Johnnae