[Sca-cooks] pancakes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 15 20:23:18 PDT 2009

Urtatim said:
<<< Pancakes are popular, so that's what we're making Saturday (since
i'll be at an officers' meeting on Sunday, we're serving hard cooked
eggs and pastry). I may just buy packaged mix, but i'm fussy about
ingredients and i'm dreading what might be in a package - when i make
pancakes for 2 or 3 of us, i make my batter from scratch.

So i'm asking the collective wisdom on this list, how much batter
should i make? >>>

I think others have answered the quantity question as well as some
suggestions on how to make dried mixes so it doesn't all have to be
used at once.

I'm not sure that you have to use a modern recipe or mix but there can
be good reasons for needing to do so. Just to investigate whether a
period recipe might work as well, here is a file of recipes.

pancakes-msg      (64K) 10/26/08  Period pancakes and pancake-like
foods.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/pancakes-msg.html

Stefan
--------