[Sca-cooks] Hais question

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 19 00:10:16 PDT 2009

On Oct 19, 2009, at 1:27 AM, Sharon Palmer wrote:

>> Also, for this amount, what is the approximate amount for "enough"
>> sugar?
>
> I believe the sugar is to roll the balls in, so enough means however
> much sticks.  It will depend partially on how big you make them and
> how sticky the balls are.  You might want to roll them in a little
> fresh sugar when serving them.
>
> Ranvaig

Yes, you are right. That's what I get for skipping over the original.
The original translation does say "dust with fine-ground sugar". Well,
the third that were made into balls before I realized I'd forgotten
the sugar, were done correctly. I can easily roll the balls that did
have some sugar added to the mix, in sugar if I need to later.

This makes me happier about leaving the sugar out of some or maybe not
putting enough in the others. Since dates, especially fresh ones, can
be sticky, I suspect dusting the cabobs with sugar is to keep them
from sticking together and not primarily for taste reasons.

I wonder if our regular, granulated sugar meets this "fine-ground"
description or whether I should have used powdered sugar or ground the
granulated sugar finer in the food processor.

thanks,
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com