[Sca-cooks] hais

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 19 23:06:54 PDT 2009

Bertha commented:
<<< I use the recipe for Hais in "Serving the Guest the Sufi Way" and
I swear by it. Matter of fact I have three Hais left from the batch I
made for Laurel's prize last month and they are still edible.

  I have never had a failure plus I search for the softest, stickiest,
pitted dates I can find at my local Sun Harvest.>>>

I didn't consider going to Sun Harvest for the dates but I didn't want
to spend a lot of time going all over town searching for one pound of
dates, but then I thought I'd have a lot larger variety of dates at
Central Market since for many fruits and vegetables they seem to have
quite a variety. I'll have to check them out in the future when I get
a chance.

Do you buy the whole dates? or chopped dates? It sounds like the
former when you say you find the softest, stickiest ones. But those
also seemed to be much more expensive.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------