[Sca-cooks] conversion Q?

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Tue Oct 20 11:11:00 PDT 2009

Judith Epstein wrote:
> I can't believe how much discussion there is on this. I wish I had a
> constructive technical answer, but I don't know if the original recipe
> writer wanted you to use 12 ounces by weight, or X amount of cups by
> volume. I DO know, however, that you should use whichever is the
> larger amount. Come on, it's CHEESE. You could double the amount and
> people would be even happier.

Welll... no.  Doubling the cheese would turn my Roman noodles into Roman
glob, make my white pies fall to pieces, and possibly turn a cheese
souffle into a small, windowless building.

And, when shopping for a feast, there might not be a heck of lot of room
to move in the budget, so you really need to know accurately enough not
to waste money on overpurchasing.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo