[Sca-cooks] OT: Pairing food with beer

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 21 19:36:57 PDT 2009

Judith asked:
<<< I've been asked to bring a dish to the meal that will complement the
flavor of the beer, but I've never tasted it. I'm thinking dessert;
and because my friend's wife and two of his children have Celiac
disease, the dessert should be gluten-free, and also dairy-free. >>>

and

<<< The thing is, Sh'maryahu likes to serve his alcohols (beers,
whiskeys)
for dessert rather than with the meal. There've got to be some strong,
deep desserts that would work. >>>

So, how about a dessert *made* with this beer? Can you get some more
of this beer or something similar? And I think this would meet your
other restrictions with a wise choice of pie shell.

Stefan

 From this file in the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
beer-in-food-msg  (32K)  2/ 9/08    Period recipes with beer or ale in
them.

--------