[Sca-cooks] !!!Deep Fried Butter!!!

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Mon Oct 26 13:10:27 PDT 2009

aoife at cableone.net wrote:

>I had to google this--I've loved corn dogs ever since I had my first one at...yup,
>the State Fair.  After reading this stuff it's going to be a long, long time before
>I can even LOOK at another one after reading this junk.  Yes, I'll use butter over
>oleo in a recipe now and then but the number of fried items just turns my stomach
>upside down!

I use butter for baking, mostly, but I almost never fry anything-- maybe
one round of fritters or mujabbana at a feast and an annual batch of
bhajis or pakora and that's *it*.

(New Zealand *loves* fish and chips-- to the extent that there are, I
think at least five fish-and-chip shops within fifteen minutes walk of
my suburban home, but I'm so not into fried food that I've never been to
any of them.)

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,