[Sca-cooks] A Drizzle of Honey

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 27 08:37:58 PDT 2009

Stefan li Rous wrote:
>  > A Drizzle of Honey : The Lives and Recipes of Spain's Secret Jews by
>  > David M. Gitlitz and Dr. Linda Kay Davidson.  Which also addresses
>  > Aldyth's "new challenge" thread as well, come to think of it.
SNIP
>  I finally got it as a remainder from an SCA vender, but like so many
>  of my books haven't gotten a chance to read it yet.

Of course, it has no actual period Spanish Jewish recipes in it.

But the actual historical stuff is an... interesting... read. There's
insufficient information to reconstruct period recipes. That didn't
stop the authors from making up modern recipes.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita