[Sca-cooks] Pics from a period 'Mammarian Food' Display at a Pink Ribbon Tourney in Caid

Meisterin Katarina Helene meisterin02 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 27 17:58:25 PDT 2009

Below is an e-mail from SCA-Laurel's list that I thought some folks might find most interesting.  I know there are a couple Laurels on that list who are also on this one, so those can delete this if they want <smile>.

Here are pics from my little A&S display. There are a few pics of the tourney at the end if anyone wants to see. I am waiting on some pictures that other took, when I get them, I'll update the Flickr page with the new ones & post an update.  Flickr was being a beast today, so hopefully I have the permissions set to public - please let me know if you want to see them and can't open it.

We had a great Pink Ribbon Tourney, by the way. Our fighters really got into the spirit of things and our Barony raised almost $1000. My silly display was well-received and I think I shall do a more elaborate for our Yule - the theme being Saturnalia (grin).  I can't tell you how much fun it was watching all the alleged grown-ups come up to my table, follow the directions and bump it and then laugh hysterically when the Spanish Paps 'jiggled'. (I think she used plastic egg cartons to form them. ~~ KHvS)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9985575@N02/sets/72157622670089536/detail/

Enjoy!
Margaret Hepburn

Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana) http://narrental.home.comcast.net
Middle Kingdom

The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark." -- Michaelangelo