[Sca-cooks] emulsifications

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 29 20:35:41 PDT 2009

I think there are some emulsified sauces in La Varenne as well.
Anne Marie? Also Robert May I think.

I think the main difference between these emulsifications and the later
period Mayonnaise-like ones is heat but I have not looked at the all
as a
group.

Eduardo
=========

Gravies are emulisified sauces, right?

We've discussed a few such sauces in the past. I think all of them are
very late in period. Here are a few I've saved:

gravy-msg         (14K)  2/14/08  Period gravy. Renaissance, not
medieval.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-CONDIMENTS/gravy-msg.html

Is this Mayonnaise-like sauce a roux? Perhaps I should have named this
file around roux(s) or emulsions. What *is* the plural of "roux"?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com