[Sca-cooks] cranberries

Judith Epstein judith at ipstenu.org
Thu Oct 8 08:14:40 PDT 2009

I made a blithe statement that "of course, cranberries aren't period
for the Old World" once on this very list, and was corrected.
Apparently cranberries WERE here before being brought from the
Americas, but they were called fenberries or marshberries instead.
Cranberry, the word, comes from crane-berry, yet another designator
for this beautifully flavorful little fruit.

Judith / no SCA name yet
Protege to Master Albrecht Waldfurster OP
MIddle Kingdom, Midlands, Ayreton, Tree-Girt-Sea (Chicago, IL)
http://tinyurl.com/ycdca9n