[Sca-cooks] Quince Query

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Thu Oct 8 23:20:55 PDT 2009

I don't know that much abnou Elizabethan cuisine, but in modern-day cotignac and Apfelkraut they use the strained juice. There is enough pectin in it to make it jel if you cook it down long enough - in my experience about 15-30 minutes, though I've had batches that took longer.

Sounds like a lovely idea

Giano