[Sca-cooks] Another sausage question

Deborah Hammons mistressaldyth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 13:12:58 PDT 2009

I have an out of kingdom laurel who swears that it is period to boil the
sausages/brats etc in  beer or wine or mead.  I couldn't find any recipes
that are period that mention it.  I used new world rather than period so
that I wouldn't get the what period are you looking at comments.  Just
sausage.  And I don't want to add any pork products.  So I will make a small
batch without fat, one with probably beef suet or lard, and see what the
taste and texture is like.  Thank you.
Aldyth