[Sca-cooks] Saturday soup

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 10 20:30:54 PDT 2009

two pork steaks, not enough to feed the group but enough to make into soup

Country Stew

cut to largish cubes and brown in a little oil.

two onions cut into 1/8ths follow the pork cubes into the pot

then two largeish cloves of garlic cut chopped.

add four stalks of celery chopped, and four carrots cut to one inch pieces

pour four cups water and bring to a boil.

add 3/4 cup 'quick' barley.

simmer two hours

add 8 oz baby bella mushrooms  simmer an additional 20 minutes.

serve with bannock (or ... go to the store and get some sandwich flat bread)

YUM

Malkin

Otherhill

Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.

I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.