[Sca-cooks] Simple Syrup Question

Jill B ldygab at msn.com
Tue Oct 13 11:08:51 PDT 2009

Greetings -

I am more a lurker here, lol, and enjoy reading and learning everything that all of you post.

But, I have a question.  I make cordials and use a home made simple syrup and I made some about 3 months ago, went to use it and it has "stuff" in it - stuff meaning not floaters like dirt, but like a "film" floating throughout.  I sterilize my bottles, etc and I have never seen this before...I was wondering, should I just dump it out? or can it be re-heated and main question is - any ideas as to what happened?  I have been making it for years and never seen this before....

Thanks!!

Gabby

AnTir