[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 42, Issue 29

Gaylin Walli gaylinwalli at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 09:39:34 PDT 2009

> I have been told, though I haven't tried it yet, that a really good way to
>> boil down the quince mixture to get the paste is to do it in a crock
>> pot...leaving the lid off so it will reduce.

I just got word that I'll be receiving the majority of a 10-lb box of
quinces, most likely this weekend. If I can take pictures (must remember to
find camera battery), I'd be happy to photojournal the crock pot method,
showing thicknesses over the course of time if that would help. I'm fairly
sure that I'll be making a crockpot and also Hugh Platt's recipe.

Iasmin