[Sca-cooks] OOP Pancakes

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Fri Oct 16 01:42:00 PDT 2009

>So i'm asking the collective wisdom on this list, how much batter
>should i make?

I'd allow a half cup of flour per person, 4 cups of flour per pound,
so about 6.25 pounds of flour for 50 people.  I'd probably buy a ten
pound bag.

http://lotsofinfo.tripod.com/SF15pancakesfor50.htm
http://lotsofinfo.tripod.com/H50pancakesfor100.htm

This recipe alleges to be for 50, but I don't think two 4 inch
pancakes per serving is enough if it is the main thing you are
serving and not a side dish. I'd plan on 3 batches, but buy for four.

Four batches would be 8 lbs flour, 2 gallons mil, 1 lb butter, 3
dozen eggs, 6 oz baking powder, 1/2 c salt.   Or use buttermilk with
baking powder and baking soda.  Some recipes call for sugar, but I
don't usually add it.

The  basic ratio is 1 c flour, 1 c milk, 1 egg, 1 tsp baking powder,
1/2 tsp salt, 2 T butter, (2 tsp sugar)
OR 1 c flour, 1 c buttermilk, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp
baking soda,  1/2 tsp salt, 2 T butter, (2 tsp sugar)

Oil to grease the pan.  More butter to serve on the cakes, syrup,
honey, berries, chopped or stewed apples, chocolate chips, whipped
cream, powder sugar in a shaker, cinnamon in a shaker, cocoa in a
shaker, or lemon juice and sugar.

http://www.seriouseats.com/required_eating/images/potd-pancakesfordinner.jpg

Ranvaig