[Sca-cooks] ripening tomatoes - OOP

devra at aol.com devra at aol.com
Fri Oct 16 12:24:54 PDT 2009

Since we have been having very unseasonable weather (44 degrees on Oct 16th in NYC!) and in fear of real fronst, I've harvested all of our cherry tomatoes, whether ripe or not.  ISTR instructions somewhere for ripening tomatoes - hanging them in bunches in a dark place? in a paper bag? (Of course I may be able to convince my roommie to try green tomato chutney, or fried green tomatoes....)

No doubt these actions will cause us to have a very long, very warm Indian Summer...

Thanks

Devra