[Sca-cooks] ripening tomatoes - OOP

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 12:29:39 PDT 2009

If you choose a paper bag - maybe put a banana or apple in it.  Banana gas
is used to ripen fruits and vegetables in transit.

Or,  you can put them on a sunny window sill.

Just and FYI - they will continue to turn red they will not "ripen" as they
would on the vine.  Sorry, just is.

I tried green tomato chutney a few years ago-not a favorite of mine but
maybe someone has a better recipe.  Tomatos for fried green tomatos need to
be bigger than cherry - at least as far as I've found.

Good luck.

-Shoshanna