[Sca-cooks] Hais question

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 15:22:40 PDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps <
dephelps at embarqmail.com> wrote:

> What are digestive biscuits and what are the US equivalents?

They're cookies.  Kind of like Social Teas.  We can get actual British
digestives (McVitte's) at the Asian market and the British shop in
Louisville (Colorado).  I think I may also have seen them at the regular
grocers on ocassion.

They are not shortbread.  You could probably substitute an equivalent weight
(not number) of Petit Beurre or Social Teas.  Digestives are usually
thicker.

Shoshanna