[Sca-cooks] conversion Q?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 19 23:30:21 PDT 2009

<<<<
otsisto wrote:
I can not for the life of me find the online conversion site. I need
to find
out how many cups is 12 ounces of grated cheese. I am probably having a
brain f at rt on this one.

I believe it's three cups... but since cheese is sold be weight, isn't
it easier just to get the right size piece of cheese and grate it?
--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

How do you handle this volume vs. weight and block/whole nuts vs.
ground/grated at the store?

That is part of what I ran info this last weekend.  The redaction said
something like "2/3 C of ground almonds". But the store didn't have
already ground almonds. They did have blanched, slivered almonds.
However, they were sold by weight, not volume.

I ended up simply having to guess how much 2/3 of cup was in the
plastic containers they provide and how much more would be needed to
end up with 2/3 C of ground almonds. So it was a trade-off in spending
more of the groups money than I wished, vs. not buying enough and
having to drive back across town to get more, probably in the middle
of prepping that food item. I erred on the side of having a bit too
much.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com