[Sca-cooks] OT: Pairing food with beer

Judith Epstein judith at ipstenu.org
Wed Oct 21 07:44:16 PDT 2009

A friend of mine is having his birthday party on Friday the 30th of
October, and another friend of his got him a couple bottles of Sam
Adams Yorkshire Stingo as a present:
http://www.merchantduvin.com/pages/5_breweries/samsmith_stingo.html

I've been asked to bring a dish to the meal that will complement the
flavor of the beer, but I've never tasted it. I'm thinking dessert;
and because my friend's wife and two of his children have Celiac
disease, the dessert should be gluten-free, and also dairy-free. Any
ideas? I am comfortable with either making or buying, as long as the
flavor will not clash with the beer.

Judith / no SCA name yet
Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg