[Sca-cooks] OT: Pairing food with beer

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Wed Oct 21 13:05:00 PDT 2009

Have not used this recipe:

Almond Torte
Ingredients
6 lg. eggs, (separated)
1 cp. sugar (divided)
1 1/2 cps. ground almonds
1 cp. cold potatoes (mashed)
Juice and rind of 1 lemon

Directions
Beat the egg yolks until light and lemony colored. Gradually add 1/2 cp.
sugarwhile beating for approx. 10 minutes. Add the ground almonds,potatoes,
lemon juice and rind. Beat till thoroughly mixed.

In a separate bowl, take the egg whites and beat until stiff, then gradually
add the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar while still beating  until stiff but not
dry. Fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture.

Grease and dust with potato starch a 10-inch tube pan. Pour the batter into
the pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.  Serves 10.
This was given to me but I found it on this site as well (almost word for
word)
http://www.csaceliacs.org/recipes2.php?catid=4

Apples go good with beer so perhaps an Apple upside down?
http://www.csaceliacs.org/recipes3.php?id=30