[Sca-cooks] Deep fried turkey and butter

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 26 21:10:10 PDT 2009

Eduardo mentioned:
<<< Deep Frying is the best on so many different levels.

First - It totally frees up your oven.
Second - It is quick. LIKE REALLY QUICK!
Third - It is almost as juicy as a brined bird but without the weird
texture.
Fourth - Way more crispy skin.
Fifth - It isn't oily at all. >>>

One year my brother-in-law did one, and I agree. It was a wonderful
turkey. The biggest problem is what to do with all that expensive oil.
Eduardo has a partial solution with his fish fry. But if the only time
you deep fry is for that one bird, it's an expensive problem. The oil
ends up costing more than the bird!

But at least you get a great result. I don't understand why anyone
would want to deep-fry butter, though. I thought that when it came
over the radio about it being done at the Texas State Fair (about four
hours north of me, in Dallas) and I still think that now. You might as
well deep-fry Crisco!

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com