[Sca-cooks] Drizzle of Honey

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Thu Oct 29 16:14:37 PDT 2009

Do you mean this one? French fashion (that is why I remembered Varenne) but
it is from Robert May.

To Boil a Capon or chicken with Colliflowers in the French Fashion. (page
85)

Cut off the buds of your flowers, and boil them in milk with a little mace
till they be very tender ; then take the yols of 2 eggs, strain them with a
quarter of a pint of sack, then take as much thick butter, being drawn with
a little vinegar and a slic¹t lemon, brew them together ; then take the
flowers out of the milk, and put them into the butter and sack : then dish
up your Capon, being tender boil¹d, upon sippets finely carved, and pour on
the sauce, and serve it to the Table with a little salt.

Eduardo