[Sca-cooks] a Medieval "vegan" potpie??

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Oct 3 13:14:31 PDT 2009

Don't give up so easily. It's Saturday and most of the list are away
or busy.
Try http://recipes.medievalcookery.com/  The recipes there label
vegetarian or
vegan recipes with a V. You might something there.

Do you want an authentic torte or raised pie or just a modern one
baked in a shallow pie
tin? There are differences.

Medieval pies are illustrated here:

http://tudorcook.blogspot.com/    page down to see raised pies.