[Sca-cooks] apples and fruit pies

Stephanie Yokom sayokom at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 19:16:30 PDT 2009

Thank you for the information on the apples and pies!

But now I am wondering, with the mass production of various apples (the
delicious family, Granny Smith, etc.)  How feasible is it to get the
heirloom apples and I am sure that they have an amazing cost attached to
them as well.  I live in an area that there are several local orchards but I
really don't have a clue as to what type of apple they grow. (Florence,
Colorado)

Just to let you know- I did finish my apple pie today and it looks a little
wierd (I rolled the dough too thin in some places) but it is almosted cooled
and we are looking forward to this experiment.  This pie is for taste..next
apple pie is for taste and looks!

Sabra