[Sca-cooks] Marshmallows then and now article

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 9 17:48:13 PDT 2009

Johnnae offered:

<<< http://www.freep.com/article/20091008/FEATURES02/910080317/1025/Features/Marshmallows-go-beyond-mere-fluff

http://tinyurl.com/ykchvn8

Marshmallows go beyond mere fluff. Gourmet flavors expand the candy >>>

Lol. With a message title like that, I was expecting an article on
period marshmallows or at least the history of marshmallows. The
second article does at least briefly touch on the Egyptians and then
some post-period stuff.

For those who might be interested, we have discussed period
marshmallows from time to time and some of that is collected in this
file:
marshmallows-msg  (22K)  3/ 2/09    The original marshmallow treats,
made from
                                        the Marsh Mallow plant.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/marshmallows-msg.html

Stefan