[Sca-cooks] bread crumbs for feasts

Raphaella DiContini raphaellad at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 19 08:15:11 PDT 2009

I've mostly used bread crumbs in sauces like agalita, ciuiro/civet,  perfect strong sauce, etc. and for those I usually get plain white bread unless the recipe specifies otherwise. I remove the crusts (not everyone does this step, and it is not always specifically mentioned) and then run through my food processor until it's finely ground. I have on occasion grated it by hand. I don't always stale or toast the bread either, it depends on the recipe I'm working with and what I can glean from that and experimentation.

I've had 1-2 loaves of bread provide enough crumbs for two sauces (agalita and perfect strong sauce) for 110 people.

In joyous service,
Raphaella