[Sca-cooks] OT: Pairing food with beer

Judith Epstein judith at ipstenu.org
Thu Oct 22 06:51:20 PDT 2009

On 21 Oct 2009, at 9:36 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> So, how about a dessert *made* with this beer? Can you get some more
> of this beer or something similar? And I think this would meet your
> other restrictions with a wise choice of pie shell.
>
> Stefan

You know, that's a lovely idea. Except, of course, that beer contains
gluten. Even though the mistress of the house can't drink the beer,
I'd like her to be able to eat the dessert. However, I do love to cook
with beer, so I may get some of this and try it in my own kitchen, on
an occasion when I'm not hosting my best friend or her daughter. :)

Judith / no SCA name yet
Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg