[Sca-cooks] Jewish Chop Suey

Judith Epstein judith at ipstenu.org
Thu Oct 29 21:59:52 PDT 2009

On 29 Oct 2009, at 10:56 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> What is this "Stuffed, Buried Jewish Dish"? If accurate, could this
> be a Jewish dish created to work around the restrictions of the
> Jewish sabbath, which Judith described? If so, would this give you
> another possible dish, Judith?
>
> Stefan

I haven't got a copy of the recipe, so I couldn't say. Any food that
can be stuffed -- fish, chicken, turnips, cabbages, mushrooms,
pastries? Any food that can be buried, such as by smothering/burying
it with sauce once it's in the pot? Any pot that can be buried in the
coals of the hearth? Not enough information here to tell.

Judith / no SCA name yet
Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg