[Sca-cooks] OT/OOP "Begging for Thanksgiving"

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 15:44:46 PDT 2009

I suspect that this may be a regional thing.  I know that in my childhood,
spent mostly in New Jersey (southern), Kentucky, South Carolina, Virginia,
Delaware and West Virginia, large groups of kids went out in costumes trick
or treating.  As my birthday is very close to Hallowe'en, we usually had a
party around the day where we all wore costumes.  It may have existed
earlier, but I don't recall my parents ever mentioning anything about it.
My mother grew up in south Georgia and my father in the Shenandoah Valley of
Virginia.

But whatever...Hallowe'en is still one of my very favorite holidays!

Kiri