[Sca-cooks] Artes Draconis Cooking Issue wins specialty newsletter for 2009 Blackfox Awards

Gaylin Walli gaylinwalli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 14:26:17 PDT 2009

I've just now gotten home from work for the day and I wanted to share the
message I received very early this morning. Society Chronicler has announced
the winners of the William Blackfox Awards for 2009. I am happy to report
that the Middle Kingdom Artes Draconis Winter 2009 issue, dubbed "The
Cooking Issue" was the recipient of the best special interest newsletter.
The issue also received a commendation for its layout and design. For those
of you who may have missed the announcement of its publication, the link is
as follows (SCA Today mistyped it as of this writing):

http://www.midrealm.org/chronicler/artesdraconis/ArtesDraconis_Winter08_09.pdf

As the guest editor for that issue, I would like to make absolutely sure
that a huge team of people are recognized for this effort:

THL Baroness Gwyneth Banfhidhleir
Lord Rijckaert (Richard) von Utrecht
Countess Alys Katharine of Ashthorne Glen
TH Baroness Hauviette d'Anjou
TH Baroness Helewyse de Birkstead
Mistress Siobhan O'Neill
Lady Aasa Sorensdottir
Master Llewellyn ap Teirnon
TH Baroness Milesent Vibbert

The above names are all the contributors to the issue. And there are more
names besides, too numerous to list, all representing people who in various
capacities made the issue what it was, whether through critique, comment, or
facilitation. Many people have been congratulating *me* so far today. That
needs to be corrected and I do so publicly here: the entire issue would be
nothing other than a crazy idea I had without any one of the people, both
those named and unnamed. My personal and sincere thanks to everyone for all
their help. Sometimes crazy cooking ideas really do pay off.

Iasmin "I have this crazy idea..." de Cordoba