[Sca-cooks] OOP but food content - Wedding munchies amounts

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 15:31:23 PDT 2009

Greetings the list,

A dear friend is getting married and I offered to help with the reception food.  This turned into: doing the reception.  The bride has ideas, the brides parents are willing to provide funds, BUT Im wanting to get my serving/amounts right.  Im hoping someone here can help with that.  The RSVPs are 130 so the plan is provide for 160.  Wedding is after lunch (1pm) so snacks will do fine.  Oh and punch.

She wants Meatballs (I assume with marinara sauce), shrimp (cold boiled with cocktail sauce), little smokies in grape jelly/chile sauce, Hummus and pita triangles.  OH and fresh pinaple chunks ~.~   I plan to make sure basic carrots, celery, cucumber rounds and radishes (and probably ranch dressing) are around to help strech too.

SOO how much of each should I plan on to let each of the 160 bodies have nibbles but not bankrupt the in laws nor have the newly weds eat leftovers for the entire honeymoon.

In Curiosity
Gwen yea I know Im just a gal who cain't say Nnnnnn  Cat