[Sca-cooks] plantain, bananas, herbals

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Sep 2 17:41:39 PDT 2009

Could it be wrapped while it is still hot?
Cookies such as brandy snaps and wafers are baked flat and formed while
warm.
Brandy snaps carry instructions to this day
that call for:
"Let cool for 30 seconds. Ease cookies off the cookie sheets with a
spatula; then immediately roll loosely around a 6-inch tapered metal
tube with the upper surface of each brandy snap on the outside. Cool on
wire racks."
They harden as they cool.
The NYT recipe reads:
"Working quickly, put them one at a time in the palm of your hand and
place a greased wooden handle over the center of the snap. Wrap the snap
around the handle to form a cylinder. Hold in place until set, then
slide the snap onto a rack. Repeat until all the snaps are finished. If
the snaps become too stiff to roll, return the baking sheet briefly to
the oven so that they can soften up."
http://events.nytimes.com/recipes/1586/1986/12/14/Brandy-Snaps/recipe.html

Johnnae