[Sca-cooks] Food Mill recommendations

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 2 22:02:12 PDT 2009

On Sep 2, 2009, at 9:25 PM, jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:

> So, any recommendations for a brand/model of non-powered food mill?

Once upon a time, Mouli was the schiznitz, and Foley the pale American
imitation. In general, the typical Mouli mill is larger than most of
the Foleys, generally with interchangeable plates and two handles
instead of one.

However, the Moulis I've seen recently have more plastic parts than
they used to, while the Foley seems to have resisted the urge to mess
with the design in any way other than switching from galvanized (or
probably tinned) to stainless steel. For baby food the size is
probably not a problem; the Mouli is still great for 20 pounds of
absolutely lump-free mashed potatoes, but probably not necessary for
your needs.

I know the Vermont Country Store sells Foleys, but you may find them
cheaper someplace else.

Adamantius (also finding the house strangely quiet today)

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter