[Sca-cooks] Food Mill recommendations

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 3 08:35:06 PDT 2009

On Sep 2, 2009, at 8:25 PM, Jadwiga wrote:
>  So, any recommendations for a brand/model of non-powered food mill?

Judith replied:
>  Lehman's of Kidron, Ohio has a good selection of food mills and other
>  non-powered appliances and tools. My grandmother has their Foley Food
>  Mill, and I've used it many times to make apple sauce and mashed
>  potatoes.
>
>  http://www.lehmans.com/cgi-bin/lehmans/dyna/dynaMhMusy?page_number=1

I second recommendations for Lehman's.

I went there after Pennsic 2007 (my first, and, alas, so far only)
and just bought a few small things, cuz i still had a week-long trip
home to fund out of my wallet. Since i was not going to do much
shopping at Pennsic this year (except at Devra's :-) my plan was to
actually buy cool stuff at Lehman's.

If anyone can get there, it's a wonderland of non-electric tools and
information. Mostly Victorian and Edwardian and more recent, true,
but still great.

If you can't get there, the website has stuff. And for $3 you can get
their catalog. Well worth it. It's like the old Sears Wishbook (do
they still have that?) only much more appealing, at least to me.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita