[Sca-cooks] Aztec Personas: Was Plantain, herbals,

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Sep 5 14:30:20 PDT 2009

<<< And not sugar at all :( I was invited in Mexico City to a
restaurante
serving pre-columbian food. Snake soup (it tasted as eel, not bad at
all),
toasted larvae, crunchy grasshoppers and chocolate made of 100 procent
cacao, no sugar and chili, it was a real experience!
Ana >>>

Well, I can't provide a young, Aztec server, but if you'd like to try
a period version of the chocolate drink, there are several recipes in
this Florilegium file:
chocolate-msg    (130K)  2/29/08    History and description of early
chocolate.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/chocolate-msg.html

Stefan
who did show up at an SCA event years ago in a rabbit fur loincloth...

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com