[Sca-cooks] How the diet effects the personality

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 16:47:11 PDT 2009

A while back I asked you all how food affects us. In a  broad concept, I
suppose,  how could consuming an apple trigger anger? How could the
annual apple consumption affect the national character of the peoples?
I know this is a shot in the dark. If we knew how garlic changes the
personality we would be best selling cookery experts!
Anyway a friend tells me I should read Margaret Visser.
I hope my budget will allow me to buy one of these books she has
published on cooking, please advise me as to which would help me most: -
many thanks Suey

    * /Much Depends on Dinner: The Extraordinary History and Mythology,
      Allure and Obsessions, Perils and Taboos, of an Ordinary Meal/
      (1986 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986>)
    * /The Rituals of Dinner: The Origins, Evolution, Eccentricities, &
      Meaning of Table Manners/ (1992)
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992>