[Sca-cooks] Frozen meat for sausage

Deborah Hammons mistressaldyth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 09:30:03 PDT 2009

Rhys and I returned from our annual foray after bambi.  One of bambi's older
sisters decided to come home with us.  :-))  I obviously was not in the
running to hit the broad side of a barn yet this year.  Since the venison is
going for Hunters Feast, I was thinking of the frozen antelope as good
sausage makings.  We might yet get a fresh one this year.  I think my
biggest concern was that people always want to take home any left overs, and
that would mean possibly freezing for a second or third time.  My local
butcher (who doesn't do wild game) didn't think there was a problem as long
as sanitation was good.  The local processor for game said he partially
freezes his before he does ground meat for ease of handling.
I always freeze what I am making jerky out of because I can get very thin
slices. I don't re freeze the jerky though.  Never lasts that long.

Aldyth