[Sca-cooks] pasties - was winter projects

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Sep 8 14:20:04 PDT 2009

>period-esque rather than practically prefectly period. but they are
>adventurous eaters, so that is good!

I'm not sure I understand that. Are you saying that people in your
area are so used to period food that they see not quite period food
as an adventure?

On the subject of pickles, I have a soused eggplant recipe from
al-Warraq I've recently tried. But it might be a bit messy for your
purposes, pickled eggplant being less solid than pickled cucumber.

For a sweet, have you considered gingerbrede--the 14th-15th c. sort
that has a texture like fudge? Good fingerfood, although likely to
leave the fingers slightly sticky. Keeps well.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com