[Sca-cooks] Goetta....was RE: have you heard of this food item?

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Wed Sep 9 10:55:16 PDT 2009

hmm....period antecedants of skirly....

do we know of any dishes (especially from the english corpus) in a period manuscript that involve cooking oats
specificially? or was it too much peasant food, and so like pea or chestnut flour, wasnt in the cookbooks we
have record of?

then there's the method....grain dishes in particular, in the extant corpus IIRC are limited to porriagey
things, and with wheat or rice? I'm thinking of frumenty, or rys of flesche, or the gruels for the sick...

-_Anne-Marie, working off the top of her head, so you can take that for what its worth ;)

On Wed 09/09/ 9 11:29 , Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com sent: