[Sca-cooks] Recipe for period gingerbrede

chawkswrth at aol.com chawkswrth at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 14:22:10 PDT 2009

Here is how I do breadcrumbs-

I take white bread just a little past its date and set it out on the countertop. When it has dried a little, I start grating it in a large fine mesh wire sieve. I fold it into two or three folds and start rubbing.

Tedious, and it does take some serious time, but it does give me a fresh, consistent crumb.

I don't have a food processor. I'm not sure I even want one. It just takes up so much counter space/cabinet room that is better suited to equipment I may use more then once a blue moon.

I have made gingerbrede and it is best when it is a little bit chewy, but not stick-to-your-teeth chewy.

Helen