[Sca-cooks] (no subject)

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 10 02:43:05 PDT 2009

Our current Crown is based on the Crusades theme.  Yes, I KNOW that covers a lot of territory and time.  We have our local Major Event, Candlemas, at the end of January.  By major local event I mean this event will likely draw around 50 attendees.  The current Crown will be in attendance.  The other event co-director and I would like to plan a meal based on Foods from the Crusades.  This leaves open some middle-eastern options and some western European options.  We can factor in allergies and personal dislikes as we go but we are just starting the planning process.

Our first pre-plan meeting is this Friday.  We have a site arranged that has a full kitchen (blessings abound).  I would like to have a draft menu and some options in mind going into this strategy session.  I confess to limited knowledge of foods during the Crusades, food not being one of those things discussed in High School History classes.  I confess here to very limited knowledge on the Crusades in general, I was just never that interested in studying it.  SO … wonderful knowledgeable people, where should I start?  Aside from the Florigium I mean … I already KNOW that one.  If a local ‘Family of some political influence’ were hosting the King Richard on his way home from the Crusades, inviting the rest of the local nobility for a ‘Meet-n-greet’ what would be served at table??

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.

I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.