[Sca-cooks] a feast for Richard the Lionheart (was <no subject>)

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 07:32:41 PDT 2009

I did this some years back for a Coronation.  The incoming King had a Viking
persona and wanted food in keeping with that.  At the time, information on
Viking food was scarce, so I tried to figure out what I could do.  What I
did was a Celebration of the Travels of his ancestors.  We started out with
food (sometimes more periodoid than period) from Scotland and England, then
moved to France and Germany with a brief stop in Russia, finishing in
Byzantium with Middle Eastern desserts.  It worked very well!

Kiri