[Sca-cooks] OT: Visiting London

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 13:19:12 PDT 2009

I am going to be spending a week's vacation in London next month, and
would appreciate some tips.  This is my first trip out of the country
in 8 years, and my first ever traveling alone.*  I have a package deal
with airfare and hotel, but my time is my own to spend.  I was in
London eons ago, when I was in high school, and plan to skip some of
the traditional tourist sites, like the Tower and the Changing of the
Guards.  OTOH, I've never been to the V&A, and plan to remedy that.

What I would like are suggestions for lesser-known places to visit,
cheap eats, and stupid tourist tricks to avoid.  And answers to the
questions that I don't know enough to ask.  :-)
Apologies to those who see this more than once; I'll probably
cross-post to another list or two.

Brighid ni Chiarain

*exactly 8 years ago today.  We landed in Ireland on September 10, 2001.