[Sca-cooks] OT: Visiting London- long

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Sep 10 17:27:25 PDT 2009

Getting out to Hampton Court in April was just a disaster for us.
It's usually just a quick tube ride and then rail all the way. This
time it was
tube, rail, get off train,  take a bus, and then get back on the
train. Reverse.
And despite checking on http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ you can still get
caught up
in the madness. We spent 90 minutes trying to get the proper information
at Victoria Station. We finally found someone who understood that they
were
line and station closings for the day we wanted to travel on and that
the summer direct buses
weren't running yet.

Johnnae